1. Season the duck legs with salt and pepper. Heat the canola oil in a pan, and place the duck leg skin side down in the pan.
2. Cook until the skin is brown and the fat has rendered out of the skin. Flip over and brown the meat side. Remove from the pan and set aside.
3. Drain all but 1 tbsp of fat from the pan, and then saute` the onions and garlic and cook on medium heat until the onions turn translucent.
4. Return the duck to the pan, and add the stock. Simmer gently covered for 45 minutes.
5. Add the lemongrass, galangal, and the lime leaves. Simmer for 15 minutes.
6. Add the Thai chili, fish sauce, cilantro and coconut milk, and return to a simmer.
7. Place the duck leg(s) in a wide rimmed bowl with some cooked Jasmine rice.
8. Ladle the broth over the leg.
9. Garnish with cilantro leaves.
In Thailand curries have a thinner broth than Indian, British or Caribbean curries. It is customary to ladle everything in the broth into the bowl, and then eat around the lime leaf and galangal. Lemongrass if sliced thin enough should be eaten, but if it thick, it is very toothsome.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (234g)|
|Recipe Makes: 1 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 176 (78%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 19.5g||26 %|
|Saturated Fat 16.5g||82 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 1.4g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.5g|
|Cholesterol 3.4mg||1 %|
|Sodium 637.9mg||22 %|
|Potassium 373.7mg||10 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 10g||3 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0.5g||2 %|
|Sugars, other 9.5g|
|Protein 5.3g||8 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 225
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!