1. Preheat oven to 170C.
2. Heat olive oil in heat-resistant casserole dish over medium to high and cook lamb shanks for 10 minutes until brown then transfer to plate.
3. Add onions, garlic and rosemary to casserole dish and cook over medium heat for 5 minutes.
4. Returns shanks to dish. Stir in the tomatoes, eggplant, red wine water and bay leaves and bring to the boil.
5. Cover and cook in preheated oven for 2 hours.
6. Meanwhile, peel rind from the lemon, remove pith and cut rind into thin strips.
7. Combine lemon rind with the parsley and chopped garlic.
8. Sprinkle over lamb shanks and serve.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (814g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 842 (71%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 93.5g||125 %|
|Saturated Fat 46.4g||232 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 33.6g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 3.3g|
|Cholesterol 835mg||257 %|
|Sodium 257.4mg||9 %|
|Potassium 1948.5mg||51 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 24.6g||7 %|
|Dietary Fiber 8.9g||36 %|
|Sugars, other 15.7g|
|Protein 62.7g||90 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 1185
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.