Try this Braised Lamb Shanks with Merlot Wine Sauce recipe, or contribute your own.Suggest a better description
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
2. In a Dutch oven, heat the olive oil.
3. Season lamb and flour with salt and pepper; dredge lamb in flour and place lamb in Dutch oven. Add tomato paste and brown shanks well on all sides.
4. Add wine, vegetables and both kinds of stock to the pan; cover and bring to a boil.
5. Place in oven on center rack and braise for 1-1/2 hours.
6. Remove lamb from pan and keep warm.
7. Strain the sauce through a strainer. Degrease sauce and add seasoning. Reduce if necessary.
8. Place lamb on platter and serve with fresh rosemary.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (1436g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4|
|Calories from Fat: 100 (19%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 11.1g||15 %|
|Saturated Fat 2.2g||11 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 6.8g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 1.5g|
|Cholesterol 7.2mg||2 %|
|Sodium 2964.1mg||102 %|
|Potassium 2721.4mg||72 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 58.5g||17 %|
|Dietary Fiber 3.9g||15 %|
|Sugars, other 54.7g|
|Protein 30.4g||43 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 515
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
What would you serve with this? Link in another recipe.