1. Preheat oven to 375-degrees (350 if using convention).
2. Rub baking dish with enough vegan butter to cover, place remaining butter in small saute pan with leeks. Braise leeks at medium heat until just wilted, though still green. Remove from vegan butter and place in baking dish. Discard or re-use remaining vegan butter.
3. Place flax seeds and almond milk in a bowl and let soak for two minutes.
4. Add yeast, sesame seeds and black pepper to the flax seed mix and whisk.
5. Tear bread into small pieces and mix with leeks in dish.
6. Pour liquid mix over bread and leeks.
7. Bake uncovered for 45 minutes, rotating halfway through the cooking process. Bake until solid and just golden.
8. While pudding is baking, place balsamic vinegar in small saucepan over medium heat, and reduce volume by half by slowly simmering, until slightly syrupy.
Serve bread pudding with thinly sliced fresh leeks (or green onion) and a drizzle of the reduced balsamic vinegar.
You may want to add a bit more almond milk if the mixture seems dry.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (246g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 75 (20%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 8.3g||11 %|
|Saturated Fat 0.9g||5 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 1.2g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 3.4g|
|Cholesterol 0mg||0 %|
|Sodium 483.9mg||17 %|
|Potassium 497.2mg||13 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 63.6g||19 %|
|Dietary Fiber 8.7g||35 %|
|Sugars, other 54.9g|
|Protein 15.4g||22 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 374
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!