1. In a large heavy saucepan, over medium heat, heat the oil then add onion and cook for 5 minutes or until softened.
2. Stir in cabbage, garlic and apples.
3. Cook, stirring frequently, for 5 minutes or until cabbage begins to wilt.
4. Stir in stock, vinegar, sugar and bay leaf.
5. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 45 minutes or until cabbage is soft and liquid has evaporated.
6. Remove bay leaf and season with salt and pepper to taste.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (170g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 54 (38%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 6g||8 %|
|Saturated Fat 0.7g||4 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 3.6g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 1.5g|
|Cholesterol 3.6mg||1 %|
|Sodium 178.2mg||6 %|
|Potassium 164mg||4 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 18.5g||5 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0.1g||0 %|
|Sugars, other 18.4g|
|Protein 3.2g||5 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 144
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.