Bratwurst resembles plump hot dogs. This recipe makes three pounds.
1. Prepare the casings.
2. Grind the pork, veal, and pork fat separately through the fine blade of the grinder.
3. Mix the ground meats and grind again.
4. Add the remaining ingredients to the meat mixture and mix thoroughly.
5. Stuff the mixture into the casings and twist off into four- or five-inch lengths.
6. Refrigerate for up to two days.
The bratwurst can be pan fired or grilled over charcoal.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Pound (454g)|
|Recipe Makes: 3|
|Calories from Fat: 1007 (77%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 111.9g||149 %|
|Saturated Fat 47.5g||237 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 46.9g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 10g|
|Cholesterol 338.5mg||104 %|
|Sodium 668.9mg||23 %|
|Potassium 1224.8mg||32 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 1.7g||1 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0.8g||3 %|
|Sugars, other 1g|
|Protein 68.7g||98 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 1308
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.