1. Marinate fish and shrimp in bowl with lime juice, 6 cloves garlic (2 tbsp prepared), 1 tbsp kosher salt and 1 1/2 tsp black pepper.
2. Heat Dutch oven over medium-high heat, add red onion, 2 cloves garlic (1 tbsp prepared), red pepper and cook until soft (4-5 minutes).
3. Add tomatoes and cook another 3-4 minutes.
4. Add vegetable stock, coconut milk, paprika, hot sauce, chili powder, 1 tbsp kosher salt, 1 1/2 tsp black pepper and bring to a small boil reducing the soup (10 minutes).
5. Drain fish and shrimp of the lime juice and add to soup, cooking another 10-15 minutes.
6. Make 1-2 packages of prepared spanish rice for the soup based on if you prefer a little or a lot of rice with your soup. Feel free to add an extra 1/2 tsp paprika, 1/2 tsp chili powder, 1 tsp kosher salt, 1/2 tsp black pepper and 2 tbsp butter, as most prepared rices are created to be on the more bland side and this soup screams big bold flavor.
7. Place a large spoonful of rice in the center of the bowl and ladle 5-6oz of soup over the top, garnish with cilantro and serve.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (582g)|
|Recipe Makes: 7 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 117 (31%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 13g||17 %|
|Saturated Fat 5.2g||26 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 3.7g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 2.1g|
|Cholesterol 82.9mg||26 %|
|Sodium 3144.5mg||108 %|
|Potassium 438.8mg||12 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 44.5g||13 %|
|Dietary Fiber 3.3g||13 %|
|Sugars, other 41.1g|
|Protein 22.5g||32 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 375
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.