1. Place all ingredients (except egg white, water and cornmeal) in bread machine according to manufacturers directions.
2. Start machine on regular dough cycle.
3. When dough cycle is complete, remove dough with floured hands and cut in half on floured surface.
4. Take each half of dough and roll to make a loaf about 12 inches long in the shape of French bread.
5. Place on baking sheet that has been greased and "floured" with cornmeal.
6. Let rise about 20 - 30 minutes.
7. Preheat oven to 400 degrees while bread is rising.
8. Mix egg white with 1 Tbs. of water and brush on bread.
9. Make several diagonal slashes across the top of the bread about 1/4" deep.
10. Bake for 20 minutes.
11. Remove baked loaves to wire racks to cool.
When measuring the flour, be sure to use the stir, scoop and swipe method. Stir the flour to get air in it, scoop with the measuring cup, making sure not to pack the flour, and then level off cup by swiping it with a knife.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (247g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 2 (0%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 0.2g||0 %|
|Saturated Fat 0g||0 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 0.1g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0g|
|Cholesterol 0mg||0 %|
|Sodium 6399.8mg||221 %|
|Potassium 305.1mg||8 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 156.7g||46 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0.6g||2 %|
|Sugars, other 156.1g|
|Protein 6.2g||9 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 633
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.