1. Fill a 9" x 9" x 2-1/2" baking pan with the bread cubes and sprinkle the raisins on top. (Use enough bread to come to the top of the pan. You might not use the whole loaf).
2. Whisk the remaining ingredients together to make a batter, pour over the top of the bread and stir lightly. Allow the bread to soak 1/2 hour. The pan will be very full. If you have too much batter, discard the excess. If there's not enough, add a little more milk
to the pan.
3. Bake in a 325? oven for about 40 minutes, until the pudding is golden brown and puffed up around the edges. The center should be "set" but still a little soft. You can make this ahead of time and heat it in the microwave oven later.
1. Melt butter in a small saucepan over low heat. Add sugar and stir well. Remove from heat, let cool slightly, then quickly whisk in the beaten eggs and whiskey.
2. Put the sauce back on the stove over low heat and whisk constantly until the sauce has thickened slightly. (If it's overcooked, the sauce will curdle). Keep the sauce warm until serving. If you like, you can serve the bread pudding with a sprinkle of powdered sugar and a scoop of your favorite ice cream.
This sauce contains egg yolks, which can carry salmonella bacteria if not fully cooked. As with other foods like beef tartar, Caesar salad, or eggs cooked "sunny side up," caution is advised when eating raw or lightly cooked eggs.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (927g)|
|Recipe Makes: 6|
|Calories from Fat: 1302 (49%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 144.6g||193 %|
|Saturated Fat 80.3g||402 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 42.1g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 9.1g|
|Cholesterol 1712.9mg||527 %|
|Sodium 1556.4mg||54 %|
|Potassium 968.7mg||25 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 288.5g||85 %|
|Dietary Fiber 2.4g||10 %|
|Sugars, other 286.1g|
|Protein 55.2g||79 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 2640
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.