Moist fragrant tea bread, a variety of combinations can be used to suit your taste. Low fat, also good for diabetics as most of the sugar is from natural sources. Delicious with a cup of tea, and divine toasted. These ingredients give a dark malty texture to the tea bread, if you prefer a lighter coloured, moist loaf, use 3/4 packet of moist ready to eat apricots, chopped, and make up to 1lb weight with mixed dried fruit. If you like a nutty taste and texture, use a packet of brazil nuts, chopped and make up to 1 lb in weight with mixed dried fruit.
1. Put the yeast, flour, salt, spice and sugar into the bread pan, in that order.
2. Put the orange and lemon juice and rind into a measuring jug.
3. Add the hot tea to the measuring jug, making up to 250 ml of liquid, then add the low fat spread and stir until beginning to melt. Add the liquid to the bread pan.
4. Add the beaten egg to the bread pan - do not stir.
5. Put the pan into the breadmaker and set to basic 1lb loaf, light crust.
6. When the machine beeps to prompt you, add the dried fruit / nuts mix that you have chosen.
7. Sit back and let the machine do the work!
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (68g)|
|Recipe Makes: 20|
|Calories from Fat: 7 (5%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 0.7g||1 %|
|Saturated Fat 0.1g||1 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 0.2g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.2g|
|Cholesterol 9.3mg||3 %|
|Sodium 8.7mg||0 %|
|Potassium 230mg||6 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 33.6g||10 %|
|Dietary Fiber 2.5g||10 %|
|Sugars, other 31.1g|
|Protein 3.7g||5 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 151
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.