1. In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove bacon, reserving 1 tablespoon drippings in skillet, and let drain on paper towels.
2. To skillet, add spinach and garlic; cook, stirring occasionally, over medium heat until until spinach wilts. In a large bowl, whisk together 11 eggs and mayonnaise until smooth. Add egg mixture to skillet; cook, stirring occasionally, until eggs are set but not dry. Remove from heat, and stir in cheese, tomato, salt, and cooked bacon. Spoon mixture into a large bowl, and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
3. Preheat oven to 400?. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
4. On a lightly floured surface, roll 1 pastry sheet to a 12x10-inch rectangle. Spoon half of egg mixture lengthwise down center of pastry, leaving a 3-inch border on long sides and a 1-inch border on short sides. Fold short sides of pastry over egg mixture, then fold over long sides. Transfer to prepared pan. Repeat procedure with remaining pastry and egg mixture. In a small bowl, whisk remaining egg until smooth, and brush onto pastry.
5. Bake for 30 minutes or until golden brown. Let stand for 5 minutes; cut into 2-inch-thick slices to serve.
Strudel can be baked ahead and slices reheated in a 300� oven or in the microwave for 20 to 30 seconds.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (155g)|
|Recipe Makes: 12 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 148 (65%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 16.4g||22 %|
|Saturated Fat 5.6g||28 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 4.6g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 1.5g|
|Cholesterol 436.6mg||134 %|
|Sodium 252.5mg||9 %|
|Potassium 256.5mg||7 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 4.8g||1 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0.9g||4 %|
|Sugars, other 3.9g|
|Protein 16.3g||23 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 228
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!