1) Preheat oven to 350°F/175°C (broiler/bottom heat setting). Generously spray 8 cups of a muffin tin with cooking spray.
2) Prepare pancake batter as directed. Melt 1/2 tablespoon butter in a large frying pan. Cook three pancakes at a time until you have at least 8 pancakes.
3) Meanwhile, cook bacon slices in a small skillet until just brown (they will continue cooking in the oven).
4) Press each pancake carefully into the bottom and up the sides of each muffin form. Line the inside of each pancake cup with 2 slices of bacon.
5) Place a small amount of cheese in the bottom of the cup.
6) Crack eggs into a small bowl. Using a small ladle or spoon, scoop one yolk at a time along with a small amount of egg white into the bacon circle - you'll have leftover egg whites.
7) Cook for 15-20 minutes or until egg is cooked through. Let sit for a couple minutes before removing from muffin cups.
If you crack the eggs directly over the pancake cup, you'll end up with a big egg white mess! For a healthy alternative, you can use 4 eggs, filling 4 cups just with egg whites instead of yolks.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 cup (193g)|
|Recipe Makes: 8 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 290 (78%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 32.2g||43 %|
|Saturated Fat 12.8g||64 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 13.1g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 3g|
|Cholesterol 60.2mg||19 %|
|Sodium 688.9mg||24 %|
|Potassium 321.6mg||8 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 6.4g||2 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0g||0 %|
|Sugars, other 6.4g|
|Protein 13.3g||19 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 370
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.