1. Cake: Mix gluten-free yellow cake ingredients together per box instructions. Stir in shredded carrots to mixture before baking.
2. Fruit: Prepare dates, cranberries and apricots. Dates should be sliced thin so they become small rings. Cranberries can be colored more red with food coloring in a bowl (add a teaspoon of water to help spread the coloring). The chopped apricots can be colored green in the same fashion.
3. Nuts: throw walnuts and pecans in processor on medium to fine chop so they will blend well with other ingredients later.
4. Frosting: In large bowl, combine butter, vanilla, cream cheese. Blend on high with mixer until smooth. Then add confectioner's sugar, slowly, mixing in to cheese on medium to high speed. Initially this may create a lumpy, hard to manage mixture. Keep on going until you get it as smooth as possible.
5. When cake is done, remove from oven to cool. Make sure it is fully baked! If necessary, break it up into smaller sections and return to oven for another ten minutes (this is ok! it will need to be crumbled up later anyway). Then let cool.
6. In your large frosting bowl, combine crumbled yellow cake and frosting. Add nuts. Knead all of this together until fully mixed.
7. Add fruit to cake and frosting mixture. Again, combine together thoroughly.
8. Line the three loaf pans with foil or saran wrap. Divide your cake mixture into three parts and press into each pan. Pack tightly. Cover with foil or wrap and refrigerate for 24 hours.
9. Next day, remove foil/wrap and serve. Garnish with raspberries and mint (optional).
10. Keep refrigerated between servings.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (38g)|
|Recipe Makes: 30 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 45 (68%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 5g||7 %|
|Saturated Fat 0.4g||2 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 2.1g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 2.1g|
|Cholesterol 0mg||0 %|
|Sodium 0.2mg||0 %|
|Potassium 74.6mg||2 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 5.3g||2 %|
|Dietary Fiber 1.2g||5 %|
|Sugars, other 4.1g|
|Protein 1.4g||2 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 66
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!