1. In a frying pan, heat oil, but don't let it get so hot it smokes.
2. Using a whisk, whisk in the flour a little at a time so that the flour and oil mix well and start to bubble.
3. Slowly whisk in the chicken broth, and then remove from heat.
4. Pour the mixture into your slow cooker and add the thawed broccoli.
(We use the frozen but thawed broccoli because it seems to hold up better in a slow cooker then the fresh variety. But you can certainly use fresh broccoli, as well.)
5. Cook on low for 4-6 hours or until the broccoli is completely cooked.
6. Stir in the cheese, 1 cup at a time, allowing it to melt completely before adding the next cup of cheese.
7. Stir in the garlic powder, salt, and pepper to taste.
NOTE: This doesn't seem to warm up well the next day in the microwave. The cheese stays lumpy...
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (265g)|
|Recipe Makes: 7 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 206 (67%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 22.9g||31 %|
|Saturated Fat 13.8g||69 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 6.8g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.9g|
|Cholesterol 67.8mg||21 %|
|Sodium 971.5mg||34 %|
|Potassium 334.6mg||9 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 7.8g||2 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0.6g||2 %|
|Sugars, other 7.2g|
|Protein 19.4g||28 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 308
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!