1. In a large stock pot, melt butter over medium heat.
2. Saute onion in butter until onions are translucent, about 3-4 minutes.
3. Stir in chicken broth, half and half, broccoli, baby carrots, and celery. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until broccoli is soft and tender.
4. In a small bowl, whisk together milk and cornstarch. Pour this mixture into the soup pot and stir until soup starts to thicken (3-4 minutes).
5. Stir in pepper, garlic powder, thyme, nutmeg and sea salt.
6. Drop the heat to low and stir in cubed Velveeta and sharp cheddar cheese.
7. Continue stirring until all of the cheese has melted.
8. Top each bowl of soup with a little extra shredded cheddar cheese and serve immediately.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (1213g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 1690 (65%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 187.8g||250 %|
|Saturated Fat 70.9g||355 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 67.5g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 31g|
|Cholesterol 845.9mg||260 %|
|Sodium 1869.1mg||64 %|
|Potassium 2239.2mg||59 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 19.7g||6 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0.9g||3 %|
|Sugars, other 18.8g|
|Protein 197g||281 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 2600
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!