1. Mince florets in a Vitamix or food processor until finely chopped into flaky bits.
2. Add the beans and minced/chopped broccoli to a large mixing bowl. With a large fork or potato masher, mash the beans until at least 75% of them have been mashed together with the broccoli.
3. Add in the garlic, apple cider vinegar, flax meal, nutritional yeast, salt and pepper. Fold in the vegan cheese. Fold together until a moist mixture forms.
4. Preheat a few tablespoons of safflower oil in a large skillet.
5. When the oil is hot, for the mixture into golf ball sized balls and roll in the panko crumbs until well covered - pat down into flatter cakes and place in the hot oil - carefully.
6. Continue until the pan is full - leave about an inch space between each cake for easier flipping. Cook on each side only about 2 minutes - or until toasty brown.
7. Transfer cooked fritters to a paper towel to cool. Serve in about 5 minutes after cooling a bit.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (371g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 48 (14%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 5.3g||7 %|
|Saturated Fat 0.8g||4 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 1.2g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 1.7g|
|Cholesterol 0mg||0 %|
|Sodium 425.7mg||15 %|
|Potassium 1442.4mg||38 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 57.7g||17 %|
|Dietary Fiber 14.4g||58 %|
|Sugars, other 43.3g|
|Protein 21.7g||31 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 336
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.