1. Over medium heat, add 2 tablespoons oil, mushroom and 1 /4 teaspoon of salt; cook stirring occasionally, about 2 minutes
2. Transfer mushrooms to a plate and set aside.
3. Wipe out skillet. Melt 2 tablespoons of butter over medium heat, add onion. Cook, stirring occasionally, until edges are brow, about 2 minutes.
4. Stir in garlic and flour. Cook for 1 minute
5. Add chicken broth, heavy cream, bay leaves, cheddar cheese and broccoli. Cook over medium high until the broccoli is crisp tender about 6 minutes.
6. Add mushrooms and continue to cook until sauce has thickened.
7. Off heat, remove bay leaves.
8. Adjust seasoning.
To correct this: I think it needs more sauce. Add more butter, flour and chicken broth? I have tried steaming the broccoli in a steamer basket and then put into an ice bath to stop the cooking process but it adds to much water to the sauce. This can also be adapted for green bean casserole. Could add fried shallots to it.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (1830g)|
|Recipe Makes: 1 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 1120 (58%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 124.5g||166 %|
|Saturated Fat 64.7g||323 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 40.5g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 9.8g|
|Cholesterol 299.1mg||92 %|
|Sodium 1966mg||68 %|
|Potassium 4901.2mg||129 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 130.5g||38 %|
|Dietary Fiber 35.9g||144 %|
|Sugars, other 94.6g|
|Protein 99.1g||142 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 1918
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!