- Heat oil in a large pot over medium heat.
- Add onion, garlic, and broccoli stems; cover, and cook, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are soft, about 15 minutes.
- Add stock & salt; cover, raise heat to medium high, and bring to a boil.
- Add broccoli florets; reduce heat, and simmer, uncovered, until florets are tender, about 10 minutes.
- Remove soup from heat, and let cool about 10 minutes.
- Fill a blender halfway to purée soup in batches until smooth.
- Stir in milk and pepper.
- Cook over medium heat until heated through (do not boil).
- Heat broiler
- Divide cheese among bread slices.
- Toast under broiler until melted and golden brown, 45-60 seconds.
- Divide soup among bowls.
- Top soup with a slice of toast.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (2015g)|
|Recipe Makes: 1 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 261 (58%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 29g||39 %|
|Saturated Fat 13.6g||68 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 12.5g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 1.6g|
|Cholesterol 64.4mg||20 %|
|Sodium 511mg||18 %|
|Potassium 647.7mg||17 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 24.9g||7 %|
|Dietary Fiber 2g||8 %|
|Sugars, other 22.9g|
|Protein 24.1g||34 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 453
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!