- Heat oil in a large pot over medium heat.
- Add onion, garlic, and broccoli stems; cover, and cook, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are soft, about 15 minutes.
- Add stock & salt; cover, raise heat to medium high, and bring to a boil.
- Add broccoli florets; reduce heat, and simmer, uncovered, until florets are tender, about 10 minutes.
- Remove soup from heat, and let cool about 10 minutes.
- Fill a blender halfway to purée soup in batches until smooth.
- Stir in milk and pepper.
- Cook over medium heat until heated through (do not boil).
- Heat broiler
- Divide cheese among bread slices.
- Toast under broiler until melted and golden brown, 45-60 seconds.
- Divide soup among bowls.
- Top soup with a slice of toast.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (2015g)|
|Recipe Makes: 1 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 261 (58%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 29.1g||39 %|
|Saturated Fat 13.6g||68 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 12.5g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 1.6g|
|Cholesterol 64.4mg||20 %|
|Sodium 511.1mg||18 %|
|Potassium 650.3mg||17 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 25g||7 %|
|Dietary Fiber 2.1g||8 %|
|Sugars, other 23g|
|Protein 24.1g||34 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 453
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!
What would you serve with this? Link in another recipe.