1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
2. Put wild rice in a medium saucepan with 5 cups chicken broth. Bring to a boil over Medium-High heat, then reduce heat to Low and cover pan. Cook until rice has just started to break open and is slightly tender, 35 to 40 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, blanch broccoli in boiling water about 2 minutes, until bright green. Drain broccoli and plunge into a bowl of ice water. Drain and set aside.
4. Melt 6 tablespoons butter in a large pot over Medium-High heat. Add onion and mushrooms and cook, stirring, 3 to 4 minutes, until liquid begins to evaporate. Add carrots and celery and cook 3 to 4 minutes, until softened.
5. Sprinkle flour over vegetables and stir to incorporate. Then pour in remaining 3 cups chicken broth. Bring mixture to a gentle boil and let thicken, 3 to 4 minutes. Pour in heavy cream, stirring to combine. Let cook until nice and thick. Season with salt and pepper; taste and add more, if necessary.
6. To assemble, put half the cooked rice in bottom of a 2-quart baking dish, then lay on half the broccoli. Repeat layers. Scoop out vegetable-broth mixture with a ladle and spoon it evenly all over top, continuing until all sauce is in baking dish and surface is covered with vegetables. Melt remaining 2 tablespoons butter and toss with panko in a bowl. Sprinkle over top of casserole.
7. Cover with foil and bake 20 minutes, then remove foil and continue baking until golden brown, about 15 minutes. Sprinkle with parsley.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (441g)|
|Recipe Makes: 12 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 101 (29%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 11.2g||15 %|
|Saturated Fat 6.3g||31 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 2.7g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 1g|
|Cholesterol 27.2mg||8 %|
|Sodium 657.1mg||23 %|
|Potassium 999.7mg||26 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 50.4g||15 %|
|Dietary Fiber 7.8g||31 %|
|Sugars, other 42.6g|
|Protein 15.2g||22 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 343
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!