1. Preheat the oven to 200?C (Gas mark 6). Put the chicken wings into a roasting tray and sprinkle the top with the skimmed milk powder. Place in the preheated oven for 1 hour, turning the wings every 20 minutes to ensure they are golden brown all over. Pour away the fat from the tray and set the wings aside. Add a little water to the tray, scrape all of the bits from the bottom of the pan and reserve the liquid.
2. Heat a thin layer of oil in the bottom of a pressure cooker over a high heat. When the oil is hot, add the onions and cook until golden brown and caramelized, stirring frequently to prevent the onions from catching on the bottom of the pan (approximately 45 minutes).
3. Add the carrots and continue to cook until they are soft and caramelised before adding the mushrooms and garlic (approximately 20 minutes).
4. Cook until the mushrooms are soft and cooked through (approximately 10 minutes).
3-5. Alternatively, put a little oil in an induction kenwood on 120?C. Use the flexi-stirrer on strirring one (continuous) and cook the onions for 20 minutes to caramelise them. Add carrots and cook for 5 minutes. Add mushrooms and garlic and cook for 5 minutes. Scrape the induction container frequently as it will start to glaze over. Deglaze, place the result in the pressure cooker.
5. Add the roasted chicken wings and the deglazing liquid as well as the reserved carcass. Cover with 2 litres of water and bring to a simmer, skimming off any impurities that rise to the top.
6. Place the lid on the pressure cooker and bring up to full pressure over a high heat. Reduce the heat to low and cook for 2 hours. This can be done on level 6 and left on a timer.
7. Take the pressure cooker off the heat and leave to cool completely (overnight) before removing the lid. It will remain sterile whilst sealed.
8. Strain the liquid through a sieve lined with two layers of wet muslin into gastronorm, and place the pan in a sink or bowl of iced water to chill it as quickly as possible.
9. Refrigerate overnight and scrape the layer of fat from the surface before using, or then separate into 250ml portions and freeze.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (590g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 720 (63%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 80g||107 %|
|Saturated Fat 22.4g||112 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 31.8g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 17g|
|Cholesterol 385.2mg||119 %|
|Sodium 383.6mg||13 %|
|Potassium 912mg||24 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 6g||2 %|
|Dietary Fiber 1.2g||5 %|
|Sugars, other 4.9g|
|Protein 92.6g||132 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 1137
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.