1. Cut the chicken along the spine and butterfly out, you will have to break a few bones to get it flat
2. Combine rub ingredients in a bowl, then coat chicken
3. Combine sauce ingredients in a blender
4 Brush a good coating of sauce over the chicken
5. Place in chicken, uncovered in smoker or oven at 200c and cook for 50min (if cooking in smoker place bird directly on grill)
6. Brush chicken with another good helping of sauce and cook for 10 minutes
7. Prick bird in deep flesh and ensure juice runs clear before taking out of the smoker/ oven
Serve with wedges, corn and/or rice
Should be spicy and juicy
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (314g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 376 (63%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 41.8g||56 %|
|Saturated Fat 10.9g||55 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 19.3g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 8.3g|
|Cholesterol 172.5mg||53 %|
|Sodium 165mg||6 %|
|Potassium 585.8mg||15 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 10.9g||3 %|
|Dietary Fiber 2.3g||9 %|
|Sugars, other 8.5g|
|Protein 44.1g||63 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 595
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!