FOR THE BEANS:
1. Place the beans, EVOO, Bay leaf, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1 clove of garlic in a 1 Qt. sauce pan. Cook on low until the beans are tender.
2. Remove from the heat and hold in the pan until cool.
FOR THE BRUSCHETTA TOPPING
3. Grill the bread on both sides until crispy.
4. In a saute pan on medium heat, toast the sliced garlic in the oil. When light brown add the chili flakes, cook about 10 seconds and add
the basil leaves.
5. With a slotted spoon add the beans. Add about 2 tablespoons of the bean cooking liquid and mix together. Hold warm and adjust
the consistency with the bean liquid.
6. When the basil is wilted remove for the heat. Add the sun-dried tomatoes and parsley. Toss to combine and adjust the seasoning with
lemon juice, salt and pepper.
7. Swipe the garlic clove on 1 side of the bread and drizzle with the remaining EVOO. Top each piece with some of the bean mixture and
divide the ricotta over the mixture. Serve warm.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (181g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 215 (37%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 23.8g||32 %|
|Saturated Fat 4.1g||21 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 15.6g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 3.2g|
|Cholesterol 4.4mg||1 %|
|Sodium 852.4mg||29 %|
|Potassium 247.1mg||7 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 74.8g||22 %|
|Dietary Fiber 3.5g||14 %|
|Sugars, other 71.3g|
|Protein 17.4g||25 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 578
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!