1. Preheat oven to 350 F.
2. In a medium-sized saucepan on medium-high heat, heat hot sauce and butter until butter is melted.
3. Add the blue cheese and mix periodically until blue cheese is melted.
4. Remove from heat and mix in the sugar.
5. In a small bowl, whisk together the sour cream and egg.
6. Mix the sour cream mixture into the hot sauce mixture.
7. In another small bowl, mix together the flour and baking soda.
8. Fold the flour mixture into the hot sauce mixture.
9. Fill cupcake liners 3/4 full.
10. Bake for 20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
BLUE CHEESE BUTTERCREAM FROSTING:
1. Mix blue cheese on high speed until smooth.
2. Add the unsalted butter and mix on high speed until light and fluffy (about 3 minutes).
3. Slowly mix in the powdered sugar until fully combined.
4. Pipe or spread onto cooled cupcakes.
CAYENNE-CANDIED BACON TOPPERS (can be made hours in advance):
1. Preheat the oven to 350 F.
2. Line a broiler pan with aluminum foil, and position broiler rack on top of pan.
3. Lightly coat the rack with the vegetable oil.
4. Combine the brown sugar and cayenne in a shallow dish, and mix well.
5. Press one side of each slice of bacon firmly into the spiced sugar to coat.
6 Arrange the slices of bacon on top of the broiler rack in a single layer, sugared-side up.
7. If there is any sugar remaining in the dish, sprinkle it evenly on top of the bacon.
8. Bake until the bacon is crisp and the sugar is bubbly, 15 to 20 minutes.
9. Drain on paper towels
10. Break in half and insert pieces decoratively on top of cupcake
You can certainly make the bacon and frosting ahead of time for assembly after the cupcakes are baked and cooled. For the bacon, go for the more crispy as a crunchy garnish rather than chewy flavor. The candied aspect should help crisp it nicely without burning!
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (208g)|
|Recipe Makes: 12 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 303 (50%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 33.7g||45 %|
|Saturated Fat 15.7g||78 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 12.2g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 2.7g|
|Cholesterol 82.3mg||25 %|
|Sodium 7017.7mg||242 %|
|Potassium 213.7mg||6 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 69.6g||20 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0.4g||1 %|
|Sugars, other 69.2g|
|Protein 8.7g||12 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 608
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!