This was something I made for Game Day, and they came out awesome. This wrap was inspired by a sandwich I saw on the Travel Channel. I added some pickles and diced tomatoes into some of the rolls I made to try it out and it is awesome, but it is not required. Hope that you enjoy!
1. If you are using breasts, trim and cut into strips. Then cut the strips into 3 bite size pieces. Repeat until all strips are cut.
2. In a large zip lock bag, add 1 cup of flour, black pepper, salt, and cayenne pepper. With a fork, mix, then add the chicken pieces to the zip lock back bag, seal, and shake well to cover all pieces. Set aside
3. In a large skillet, heat 1 quart of oil over medium heat.
4. Once the oil is hot, add the chicken pieces either in 2 batches or if your skillet is large enough, add them all. Cook for about 10 - 12 minutes then turn the pieces, and cook for another 5 - 7 minutes.
5. Once the chicken is golden brown, remove to a bowl or plate lined with paper towel for draining. Remember to turn the oil off once all the pieces are removed. Let drain for 10 minutes.
6. While the chicken is draining, open the biscuits, and roll them out to about 5 inch rounds, about 1/8 inch thickness. make sure your working on a floured surface. Set the rolled out biscuit pieces on wax paper, and set aside
7. In a large bowl, add 1/4 cup franks hot sauce & the chopped green onion. Add the chicken and toss to coat all pieces well.
8. Take 1 rolled out biscuit, add a thin layer of cheddar cheese, and in the middle, (pickles if you want) then add 3 - 4 pieces of the chicken, (tomatoes if you want) , then top with more cheddar cheese.
9. Fold over then tuck in the sides, and roll the biscuit over forming a roll. Press to lightly seal and then place onto a cooking sheet, seal down.
10. Top the rolls with some of the diced jalapeno and a sprinkle of cheddar cheese.
11. Pre Heat your oven to 350°F
12. Bake the rolls at 350°F for about 13 - 15 minutes until they are golden brown. Remove from oven and let cool for 5 minutes
13. Serve with Ranch or Blue Cheese dressing and some Celery & Carrot sticks and extra Franks Hot Sauce if you like. (you can use any hot sauce you like, I like Franks for this buffalo chicken)
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (659g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 1462 (72%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 162.5g||217 %|
|Saturated Fat 44g||220 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 57.6g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 41.1g|
|Cholesterol 242.9mg||75 %|
|Sodium 3344.5mg||115 %|
|Potassium 487.8mg||13 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 80.4g||24 %|
|Dietary Fiber 4.4g||18 %|
|Sugars, other 75.9g|
|Protein 70.3g||100 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 2041
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.