1. Bring 2 cups water to a boil in a medium saucepan. Add the bulgur and salt to taste, reduce the heat, cover and simmer 20 minutes or until the water is absorbed. Remove from the heat and uncover. Place a clean dish towel over the pan, then replace the lid. Allow to sit undisturbed for 10 minutes.
2. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Oil a 2-quart baking dish. Toss the cooked bulgur with 1 tablespoon of olive oil and spread in the baking dish in an even layer.
3. Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a skillet or frying pan. Add the garlic and sauté until chard is just soft, approx 5-10 min. Chop coarsely and transfer to a bowl.
4. Add the remaining olive oil, chickpeas and parsley to the chard. Season with salt and pepper, and toss together.
5. Lay the chard mixture over the bulgur. Top with the feta, and gently push the feta cheese down into this mixture. Bake 30 minutes or until sizzling. Serve hot.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (239g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 135 (49%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 15g||20 %|
|Saturated Fat 2g||10 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 10.2g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 2.1g|
|Cholesterol 0mg||0 %|
|Sodium 559.3mg||19 %|
|Potassium 640.9mg||17 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 29.5g||9 %|
|Dietary Fiber 6.7g||27 %|
|Sugars, other 22.8g|
|Protein 7.6g||11 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 273
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.