Bottom Beef Layer:
1. Cook ground beef on medium-low with 1/2 cup of water.
2.Optional: I added a few dashes of cayenne pepper (breaking open cayenne pepper capsules)
3.Move beef to baking dish.
4. If making gravy add a half cup of vegetable stock and 1/2 tablespoon coconut flour to the pan you cooked beef in.
5. Stir and once it thickens a bit add another 1/2 tablespoon. It should thicken quickly.
6. Pour over beef in baking dish.
Middle Red Cabbage Layer:
1. Put bacon grease and butter in pan and heat on medium.
2. Throw in the leaks and cook for a few minutes then add the cabbage and carrots.
3. Add apple cider vinegar cook for 10 to 15 minutes on medium-low.
4. Spoon on top of beef in baking dish.
1. Chop cauliflower and steam until tender.
2. Put butter and steamed cauliflower into a food processor or blender.
3.Blend to desired consistency.
4.Spoon on top of cabbage in baking dish.
Sprinkle some fresh thyme on the top (I also added a little bit of chopped chives).
Bake on 350 for 15 minutes, just enough to crisp up the mashed cauliflower a bit.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (100g)|
|Recipe Makes: 6 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 182 (73%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 20.2g||27 %|
|Saturated Fat 10.8g||54 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 6.6g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.6g|
|Cholesterol 66.7mg||21 %|
|Sodium 121.4mg||4 %|
|Potassium 261.3mg||7 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 1.4g||0 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0.9g||3 %|
|Sugars, other 0.5g|
|Protein 14.6g||21 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 248
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.