1. Saute the garlic in the oil when the garlic is slightly brown add the onions. Saute to brown.
2. Now add the green chillies. Then add the turmeric, fennel, cumin and all the other powdered spices. Fry for 2-3 minutes, stirring continuously.
3. Now add the potatoes and mix with the spices.
4. Add tomato puree and cook till the tomatoes leave oil.
5. Now add the chicken and saute for a few minutes.
6. Add some water for the spices and chicken to cook. Let it simmer slowly on a low heat.
7. Add salt and mix well.8. Cover and let it cook for about half an hour to forty minutes until the meat and potatoes become tender.
The carrot sambals
Make the dressing of lemon, brown sugar and salt by dissolving the together and then spread over the grated carrots. Add the roasted peanuts for crunch.
Cut the fresh bread into halves and hollow out the center, keeping the spare bread to one side. Fill the hollowed out bread with the hot chicken curry with gravy so that the bread soaks it up.
Serve it with the scooped out bread and the carrot sambals.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (1033g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 670 (39%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 74.4g||99 %|
|Saturated Fat 15.4g||77 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 33.8g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 20.1g|
|Cholesterol 150mg||46 %|
|Sodium 2618.4mg||90 %|
|Potassium 2649.9mg||70 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 190.3g||56 %|
|Dietary Fiber 22.9g||92 %|
|Sugars, other 167.4g|
|Protein 77.7g||111 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 1711
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.