1. Combine water and Worcestershire sauce and, using your hands blend into beef until evenly distributed. Divide Beef into eight equal parts, roll into balls and (but do ot overwork the beef because it will toughen the burgers) and flatten into discs about 1/2 " thick. Chill for One hour up to a day.
2. Place a well oiled cast iron griddle on the pit and heat to high.
3. Combine the seasonign salt ingreadents over medium heat and pour into a baking dish or disposable aluminum pan.
4. Swab the Oil on the (griddle wiht holes) top with onions and cook unitl golden about 3 minutes and flip and cook another three minutes. If you have a grill press or a fire brick wrapped in aluminum foil , its ideal to keep on had fto maximize the cameralization .
Bursh the onions wiht two tablespoons of butter, sprinkle wiht pepper flakes, and continue to cook until camarilized and tinder. Transfer to a bowl and cover to keep warm while the burgers cook.
5. it is preferable that the burgers be moved to a clean par of the griddle and grill everyn time they are flipped. Depending ont he griddle size they will need to be cooked in batches to ensure there is a clean portion of the griddel and grill to flip to.
Season both sides of teh burgers wiht the seasonign salt.
Place Burgers ont eh exposed grate keeping the other half clean to flip to. close the lid and cook the burgers unitl the meat easly seperates from the grate and is well marked, aboutn two minutes. Flip the burgers to the clean setion, close the lid, and cook withour moving them for 2 minutes more. Season the burgers wiht remaining seasoning salt.
Transfer the burgers to the griddle brush with basting butter using teh hurb bundle, (at this point the second four burgers can be started on the grate, see below) until you reach the desired doneness. Cook 2 to 3 minutes for rare, about 4 minutes for medium and about 5 to 6 minutes for well done.
Once the first 4 burgers are ont he scrape the grates, reoio and repeat the grill process. As the burgers reach the desired doneness on the griddle, transfer them to a sheet pan and cover wiht foil while the other burgers cook.
6. When all burgers have been cooked, turn off the the heat on all areas of the grill. Brus the bunds wiht butter and top the burgers wiht cheese, if using . Close the lid for 1-2 minutes to melt the cheese and toast the buns. Serve burgers on toastedbun.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (317g)|
|Recipe Makes: 8 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 131 (96%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 14.5g||19 %|
|Saturated Fat 9.1g||46 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 3.8g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.6g|
|Cholesterol 38.2mg||12 %|
|Sodium 545.3mg||19 %|
|Potassium 56.8mg||1 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 2g||1 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0.4g||2 %|
|Sugars, other 1.6g|
|Protein 0.5g||1 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 136
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!