1. In a large saucepan, melt the butter. Add the shallots and garlic and saute over low heat until the shallots are translucent (about 3 minutes).
2. Add the Celery Root and cook for 3 minutes longer making sure not to brown it.
3. Add 3 cups of milk and simmer until the celery root is tender.
4. In another saucepan bring the remaining 3 cups of milk to a simmer. Reduce the milk until it begins to caramelize and turn brown. Remove from heat.
5. Transfer the celery root and both milks to a food processor and process until smooth. Season with the alt and serve.
Gramercy Tavern, 42 E. 20th Street (between Broadway and Park Avenue South)
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (274g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 195 (68%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 21.6g||29 %|
|Saturated Fat 13.3g||67 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 5.5g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 1.1g|
|Cholesterol 58mg||18 %|
|Sodium 166.8mg||6 %|
|Potassium 580.1mg||15 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 19.3g||6 %|
|Dietary Fiber 2.1g||8 %|
|Sugars, other 17.2g|
|Protein 6.3g||9 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 288
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!