1. Preheat oven to 190c. Lightly grease the pan (I'm using 9x6) with some butter, Stick baking paper on the inside as a base.
2. Sift flour and baking powder in a big mixing bowl. Add salt and mix well. Set aside.
3. Use an electronic hand mixer or stand mixer to beat the butter and sugar until well combined or pale yellow in color.
4. Add in the first egg. Beat well after each addition of egg until creamy, about 1 minute after adding each egg. Scrape down the sides for even mixing.
5. Add in the vanilla extract and mix well. Fold in the flour separately by 3 times. Add and mix in the milk separately by 2 times.
6. Pour the batter into the baking pan. Shake it lightly to distribute the cake batter evenly. Bake until golden brown and cooked, about 40 minutes.
7. Remove it from the oven and let cool on the wire rack for 5 minutes. Cut into pieces and serve warm.
Make sure to not over beat and take too long to bake. The butter would produce more oil as it melts and causing it to have thick grease in the middle of the cake.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (88g)|
|Recipe Makes: 12 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 142 (64%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 15.8g||21 %|
|Saturated Fat 10g||50 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 4.1g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.6g|
|Cholesterol 42.7mg||13 %|
|Sodium 54.1mg||2 %|
|Potassium 84.5mg||2 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 19.2g||6 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0g||0 %|
|Sugars, other 19.2g|
|Protein 1.9g||3 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 222
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!