1. Debone and deskin the chicken thighs. Cut the thighs into large chunks, about an inch cubed. (20 min)
2. Place the thighs in a container. Add in the sour cream. Then add: 2 T paprika + 2 T turmeric (for color), 1 T curry powder + 1 T garam masala (for flavor), and 2 t salt. Evenly coat the yogurt and spice over the chicken. Marinate overnight.
[Cooking the Chicken]
1. Heat oil in a stock pot at med high heat. Cook the chicken thighs in batches, stirring every minute or so for about 5 minutes. (15 min)
2. Remove the chicken, leave the pot.
1. With the pot still on med-high heat, add the diced onions and saute it. (4 min)
2. Add in the garlic and saute until fragrant (1 min).
3. Deglaze the bottom of the pot with the vinegar. Use a wooden spoon. (1 min)
4. Pour in both cans of tomatoes. Add some water (idk). Add in 8 T chili powder, 4 T curry powder, 2 T garam masala. Turn the heat to high, let it boil, then turn the heat to low. Let it simmer for 20 min. (25 min)
5. Use a stick blender to mix the tomatoes, onions, and garlic into a homogenous puree. (5 min)
1. Pour the sauce into another pot through a sieve. Use a silicon spatula to push the sauce through. (4 min)
2. Heat the sauce at med heat. Return the cooked chicken to the pot. Add in a whole stick of butter and 3/4 cup (12 T) heavy cream. Mix it and let it stew uncovered for 15 min. (16 min)
3. Add salt to taste (try 1/2 teaspoon). Add sugar to taste (try 3 tablespoon).
4. Serve with rice and garnish with cilantro.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (5703g)|
|Recipe Makes: 6 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 4201 (53%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 466.7g||622 %|
|Saturated Fat 272.3g||1362 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 147.2g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 22.4g|
|Cholesterol 1821.8mg||561 %|
|Sodium 6351.9mg||219 %|
|Potassium 16989.5mg||447 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 548.8g||161 %|
|Dietary Fiber 3.3g||13 %|
|Sugars, other 545.6g|
|Protein 408.2g||583 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 7951
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!