Filled with warm spices, this creamy tomato-based curry is comfort food at its finest. This authentic Indian dish hails from Northern India and is milder than most Indian curries. (Pro-tip: When possible, use fresh whole spices, and finely grind them with a spice grinder. Lightly toast the spices before grinding for amped up flavor.)
1. In a medium bowl, combine the yogurt, minced garlic, grated ginger and turmeric. Marinate chicken in the yogurt mixture for about 30 minutes.
2. Transfer the chicken to a wire rack on top of a sheet tray lined with aluminum foil, and broil the chicken until charred, about 5-6 minutes per side.
3. Melt 2 tablespoons of butter in a sauce pot. Add the onion and cook until translucent, about 5 minutes. Add the rest of the spices and cook for 1-2 minutes, until fragrant.
4. Add the tomatoes and sugar and bring to a simmer, about 5-7 minutes.
5. Add the heavy cream, and simmer 5 minutes longer.
(If you prefer a smoother sauce, blend sauce with an immersion blender until smooth.)
6. Add the broiled chicken to the sauce. Then add the lemon juice and remaining 2 tablespoons butter, and simmer until cooked through, about 15 minutes.
7. Garnish with fresh parsley leaves and serve warm over cooked rice with naan.
When possible, use fresh whole spices, and finely grind them with a spice grinder. Lightly toast the spices before grinding for additional flavor.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (118g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 41 (29%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 4.6g||6 %|
|Saturated Fat 1.1g||6 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 1.4g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 1.1g|
|Cholesterol 94.1mg||29 %|
|Sodium 681.1mg||23 %|
|Potassium 282.7mg||7 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 1.1g||0 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0.1g||0 %|
|Sugars, other 1g|
|Protein 22.6g||32 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 141
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!