Try this Butter Cream Chicken recipe, or contribute your own.Suggest a better description
1. Grind the Ritz Crackers into crumbs in a small food processor. Place them in a shallow pan.
2. Press each chicken piece into the crumbs, being sure to coat both sides generously.
3. Heat a large skillet over medium high heat. Once it is good and hot, pour about 5 tablespoons Olive Oil into your pan. Let your oil heat up just for 30 seconds or so, and then put the chicken carefully in the pan.
4. Let the chicken cook until it's nice and golden brown on the bottom, should take about 3-4 minutes. Turn each piece with a fork and allow it to cook on the other side. The chicken is done when it's no longer pink inside.
5. Once you have cooked all of the chicken you'll have some beautiful crispy treasures left in the pan. Add 4 tablespoons of butter and 1 cup chicken broth to the pan allowing the butter to melt. Whisk the mixture around a bit, scraping the bottom of the pan to break the crispy pieces loose.
6. Add 1 cup half and half and 1/2 teaspoon of dried thyme. Whisk it around to incorporate and allow it to come to a boil.
7. Into a small bowl pour 2 tablespoons half and half and 2 tablespoons cornstarch. Stir it around until smooth.
8. Pour the cornstarch mixture into your pan and stir it with a whisk. Allow it to return to a boil...
10. Remove it from the heat, give it a taste and add a bit of salt and pepper to you liking.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (163g)|
|Recipe Makes: 6 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 195 (60%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 21.7g||29 %|
|Saturated Fat 6g||30 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 8.8g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 5.1g|
|Cholesterol 43.5mg||13 %|
|Sodium 452.6mg||16 %|
|Potassium 209.6mg||6 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 18g||5 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0.5g||2 %|
|Sugars, other 17.5g|
|Protein 13.7g||20 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 323
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
What would you serve with this? Link in another recipe.