1. In a saucepan, heat milk until bubbles appear around edges of pan. Combine butter, sugar, and salt. Add hot milk; stir well. Cool to lukewarm (95-100°F).
2. In a small bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Let stand until foamy, 5 to 10 minutes.
3. Beat yeast mixture and egg into milk mixture at low speed. Beat in 2 cups of flour at low speed until smooth. Continue beating until thick. Mix in enough remaining flour until dough pulls away from sides of bowl.
4. On a floured surface, knead dough very gently until smooth and elastic, 2 to 3 minutes. Place in a large greased bowl, turning to coat. Cover loosely with a damp cloth; let rise in a warm place until doubled, 1 hour.
5. Punch down dough. On a floured surface, divide dough in half. Cover with a damp cloth; let rest for 10 minutes.
6. Grease 2 baking sheets. Using a floured rolling pin, roll 1 dough half into a 12-inch circle. Cut circle into 6 wedges. Starting at side opposite point, roll up each wedge. Place, point-sides down, on prepared baking sheets. Curve ends to form crescents. Repeat with remaining dough half.
7. Cover loosely with a damp cloth; let rise in a warm place until almost doubled, 30 minutes.
8. Preheat oven to 400°F. Brush crescents with glaze. Bake until golden, 15 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
Knead dough very gently to keep rolls tender.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (38g)|
|Recipe Makes: 12 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 84 (94%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 9.4g||12 %|
|Saturated Fat 5.7g||29 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 2.5g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.4g|
|Cholesterol 41.5mg||13 %|
|Sodium 68.5mg||2 %|
|Potassium 28.9mg||1 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 0.6g||0 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0g||0 %|
|Sugars, other 0.6g|
|Protein 1g||1 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 89
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!