Try this Butter Crescents recipe, or contribute your own.Suggest a better description
1. In a saucepan, heat milk until bubbles appear around edges of pan. Combine butter, sugar, and salt. Add hot milk; stir well. Cool to lukewarm (95-100°F).
2. In a small bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Let stand until foamy, 5 to 10 minutes.
3. Beat yeast mixture and egg into milk mixture at low speed. Beat in 2 cups of flour at low speed until smooth. Continue beating until thick. Mix in enough remaining flour until dough pulls away from sides of bowl.
4. On a floured surface, knead dough very gently until smooth and elastic, 2 to 3 minutes. Place in a large greased bowl, turning to coat. Cover loosely with a damp cloth; let rise in a warm place until doubled, 1 hour.
5. Punch down dough. On a floured surface, divide dough in half. Cover with a damp cloth; let rest for 10 minutes.
6. Grease 2 baking sheets. Using a floured rolling pin, roll 1 dough half into a 12-inch circle. Cut circle into 6 wedges. Starting at side opposite point, roll up each wedge. Place, point-sides down, on prepared baking sheets. Curve ends to form crescents. Repeat with remaining dough half.
7. Cover loosely with a damp cloth; let rise in a warm place until almost doubled, 30 minutes.
8. Preheat oven to 400°F. Brush crescents with glaze. Bake until golden, 15 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
Knead dough very gently to keep rolls tender.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (38g)|
|Recipe Makes: 12 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 84 (94%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 9.4g||12 %|
|Saturated Fat 5.7g||29 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 2.5g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.4g|
|Cholesterol 41.5mg||13 %|
|Sodium 68.5mg||2 %|
|Potassium 28.9mg||1 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 0.6g||0 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0g||0 %|
|Sugars, other 0.6g|
|Protein 1g||1 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 89
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!
What would you serve with this? Link in another recipe.