1. Place raisins, sugar, butter, eggs, milk and vanilla in a large heavy-bottomed saucepan. Place over medium heat and cook, stirring frequently, until mixture is hot, slightly thickened and just beginning to bubble (approx 4 - 5 minutes). Cool slightly, uncovered in the refrigerator, while continuing with recipe.
2. Preheat oven to 375 F.
3. Grease 12 muffin cups or coat with cooking spray.
4. In a large mixing bowl stir together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Make well in the centre of dry mix and pour in the warm raisin mixture stirring just until combined. If using nuts, stir them in until evenly mixed.
5. Spoon batter into muffin cups. Bake in the centre of preheated 375 F oven until golden and a cake tester inserted into the centre of muffin comes out clean. (15-17 minutes).
6. Remove from oven and immediately pour about 1 teaspoon of maple syrup over the top of each muffin. Cool in cups for 10 minutes then turn out onto a rack.
Muffins are wonderful served warm. Store in a seal bag at room temperature for up to 2 days or freeze.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (123g)|
|Recipe Makes: 12 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 275 (66%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 30.6g||41 %|
|Saturated Fat 16.8g||84 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 8.1g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 3.1g|
|Cholesterol 138.7mg||43 %|
|Sodium 216.6mg||7 %|
|Potassium 281.4mg||7 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 31.4g||9 %|
|Dietary Fiber 1.5g||6 %|
|Sugars, other 29.9g|
|Protein 6.8g||10 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 415
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!