Try this Butter Tarts recipe, or contribute your own.Suggest a better description
Sour Cream Pastry
- In a bowl, whisk flour with salt; using a pastry blender, cut in butter and lard until in fine crumbs with a few larger pieces
- Whisk water with sour cream and drizzle over flour mixture, tossing briskly with fork and adding more water if necessary to form ragged dough
- Press into disc; wrap and refrigerate until chilled (about 30 minutes)
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out pastry to generous 1/8" thickness; using 4" round cutter, cut out 12 circles, re-rolling and cutting scraps
- Fit into 12 muffin cups and refrigerate for 30 minutes
Butter Tart Filling
- Whisk together brown sugar, maple syrup, butter, eggs, vinegar and salt
- Divide walnuts, currants and raisins among pastry shells; spoon scant 1/4 cup filling into each shell
- Bake at 350°F until filling is set and pastry is golden (about 20 to 25 minutes)
- Run thin knife around edges to release tarts; let cool for 20 minutes
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (89g)|
|Recipe Makes: 12 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 110 (37%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 12.2g||16 %|
|Saturated Fat 6g||30 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 3.1g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 2.1g|
|Cholesterol 25mg||8 %|
|Sodium 67.1mg||2 %|
|Potassium 126.7mg||3 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 46.8g||14 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0.6g||2 %|
|Sugars, other 46.3g|
|Protein 2.1g||3 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 295
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!
What would you serve with this? Link in another recipe.