- Pre-heat oven to 350.
- Make vanilla pudding per box instructions and set aside.
- In bowl, combine cake box mix, eggs, yolk, milk, butter, bananas and cream cheese (optional), mixing ingredients in one at a time until blended. Add vanilla pudding last, then gradually add 36 crushed Butterfingers. It's ok if there are some lumps in the batter. Set aside.
- Use 1 tsp. butter per mold to prepare two 9" cake pans. Make sure to spread all the way around, including sides. A trick for even, easy distribution: use a clean sheet of paper towel to spread butter around.
- Fill each pan halfway with cake batter.
- Bake 40m. Remove when slightly golden or toothpick in center comes out clean.
HOW TO REMOVE CAKE FROM PAN:
- Cool in pan approximately 20m.
- Run butter knife around entire edge (to separate the cake from the pan).
- Cover pan with a plate and flip both items at the same time.
- Cake should be cool to touch before icing.
- In large bowl, beat butter and cream cheese until well blended.
- Gradually add confectioners' sugar and milk, mixing until well blended.
- After icing cake, crush 6 butterfingers and sprinkle on top.
For the cake: I used "Betty Crocker's Moist Yellow Cake Mix". Pudding makes your cake "melt-in-your-mouth" moist. I originally used a whole box of pudding in my cake mix. It tastes great but only adding 1/2 a box will do just as nicely.
For the frosting: I cut my butter and cream cheese into cubes, then heat each one up (separately) in the microwave for 30 seconds to help soften the mix as I was blending with a fork by hand. The original frosting recipe calls for 8 C. of confectioner's sugar, but I modified mine by taste to just under 2 C. Add more or less as desired. If icing is too thin, add confectioners' sugar 1 tbsp at a time. If it's too thick, add more milk, 1 tsp. at a time until icing reaches desired consistency. You can also add crushed Butterfingers inside your frosting (for the middle layer).
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (160g)|
|Recipe Makes: 12 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 364 (65%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 40.4g||54 %|
|Saturated Fat 23.7g||119 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 6.9g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 1.4g|
|Cholesterol 232.5mg||72 %|
|Sodium 266mg||9 %|
|Potassium 129.4mg||3 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 43.9g||13 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0g||0 %|
|Sugars, other 43.9g|
|Protein 6.7g||10 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 559
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.