This recipe is very simple to prepare. It is moist and the butterscotch topping, combined with the warm cake, is delicious. Added to that is crushed up butterfinger candy bars on top of the Cool Whip. It gets rave reviews from all who have eaten it. NOTE: In the ingredients list: the last ingredient should read: 3 butterfinger candy bars; 2.1 oz. each; coarsely crushed. When I would click on post it-it would not fully list the last ingredient.
1. Prepare and bake cake according to package directions, using a13-in. 9-in. baking pan.
2. Cool on a wire rack for 30 minutes.
3. Using the end of a wooden spoon handle, poke 12 holes in warm cake. Pour butterscotch topping over cake; cool completely.
4. Spread Cool Whip evenly over cake when cooled.
5. Coarsely crush the 3 butterfinger candy bars in food processor; not too fine. I use the pulse feature on my Cuisinart, not the setting that continuously grinds.
6. Sprinkle crushed candy bars evenly over top of cake.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (111g)|
|Recipe Makes: 12|
|Calories from Fat: 94 (27%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 10.4g||14 %|
|Saturated Fat 4.6g||23 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 2.9g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 2.2g|
|Cholesterol 1mg||0 %|
|Sodium 510.2mg||18 %|
|Potassium 202.5mg||5 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 63.9g||19 %|
|Dietary Fiber 1.4g||6 %|
|Sugars, other 62.5g|
|Protein 4g||6 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 346
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.