1. Whisk flour, sugar, baking soda, and salt together in a large bowl.
2. Stir the buttermilk and sour cream together in a medium bowl until combined. Add the 2 egg yolk and butter to the buttermilk mixture and stir well to combine.
3. Whisk all 4 egg whites in a clean bowl to soft peaks.
4. Pour the buttermilk mixture over the dry ingredients and whisk just until combined. Lumps and visible streaks of flour are good. Using a spatula, carefully fold the whites into the batter just until combined. Do not overmix; a few streaks of whites should be visible.
5. Heat about 1 tablespoon oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium low heat for 5 minutes. Ladle 2 tablespoons (1/8 cup) batter into the pan. Cook until the bottoms are evenly browned, 2 to 3 minutes. Flp and cook until golden brown on second side, 2 to 3 minutes longer.
Overmixing the batter will develop gluten and result in tough pancakes.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (299g)|
|Recipe Makes: 5 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 161 (38%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 17.9g||24 %|
|Saturated Fat 7.4g||37 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 6g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 1.9g|
|Cholesterol 442.1mg||136 %|
|Sodium 628.1mg||22 %|
|Potassium 413.9mg||11 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 40.1g||12 %|
|Dietary Fiber 1.1g||4 %|
|Sugars, other 39g|
|Protein 26.8g||38 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 427
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.