Try this Buttermilk Biscuits recipe, or contribute your own.Suggest a better description
1. Adjust an oven rack to the middle position and preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Whisk together the buttermilk and sour cream in a small bowl.
2. In the bowl of a food processor, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt and process until blended, about 2 seconds. Scatter the butter evenly over the flour and pulse until the mixture resembles coarse meal and the largest butter pieces are 1/4 inch at their widest. Transfer to a large bowl.
3. Add the buttermilk mixture to the flour mixture and fold with a rubber spatula until just combined. Transfer the dough to a floured work surface and knead until it just comes together, adding extra flour as necessary.
4. With a rolling pin, roll the dough into a 12-inch square. Using a bench scraper, fold the right third of the dough over the center, then fold the left third over so you end up with a 12-by-4inch rectangle. Fold the top third down over the center, then fold the bottom third up so the whole thing is reduced to a 4-inch square. Press the square down and roll it out again into a 12-inch square. Repeat the folding process once more.
5. Roll the dough again into a 12-inch square. Cut six 4 inch rounds out of the dough with a floured biscuit cutter. Transfer the rounds to a parchment-lined baking sheet, spacing them about 1 inch apart. Form the dough scraps into a ball and knead gently two or three times, until smooth. Roll the dough out until it's large enough to cut out 2 more 4-inch rounds, and transfer to the baking sheet.
6. Brush the top of the biscuits with the melted butter and bake until golden brown and well risen, about 15 minutes, rotating the pan halfway through. Allow to cool for 5 minutes and serve.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (823g)|
|Recipe Makes: 1 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 933 (56%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 103.7g||138 %|
|Saturated Fat 59.9g||300 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 23.2g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 6.5g|
|Cholesterol 231.4mg||71 %|
|Sodium 907.2mg||31 %|
|Potassium 2996mg||79 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 202.7g||60 %|
|Dietary Fiber 104.9g||420 %|
|Sugars, other 97.8g|
|Protein 41.3g||59 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 1657
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!
What would you serve with this? Link in another recipe.