1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Cut squash in half lengthwise and scoop out seeds, discarding the stringy pulp.
2. Grease a glass baking dish with 1 tablespoon oil, then place the squash in the dish, cut side down. Pierce all over with a fork and roast 45 minutes or until tender. Let cool.
3. Heat remaining oil in a large, heavy pot over medium-high heat. Saute onion, celery and carrot for 10 minutes. Add garlic; cook 2 minutes more.
4. Scoop the flesh of the squash into the pot and stir. Add 4 cups broth and simmer, covered, for 30 minutes or until the vegetables are very tender.
5. While soup is cooking, in a separate bowl, stir in 1 - 2 teaspoons (to desired taste) of the minced chipotle into the crema or sour cream. Season with salt and pepper.
6. Stir in the remaining 2-3 teaspoons chipotle (to taste) into the bisque
7. Using a hand blender puree the soup, adding more broth to get the desired consistency.
8. Spoon into bowls, top each with a dollop of cream.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (432g)|
|Recipe Makes: 6 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 38 (23%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 4.2g||6 %|
|Saturated Fat 1.5g||8 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 1.8g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.4g|
|Cholesterol 6.5mg||2 %|
|Sodium 690.3mg||24 %|
|Potassium 946.3mg||25 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 31.4g||9 %|
|Dietary Fiber 5.3g||21 %|
|Sugars, other 26.1g|
|Protein 4.2g||6 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 163
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.