1. Preheat oven to 400F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Arrange pecans in a single layer on prepared baking sheet. Bake until lightly toasted and fragrant, about 4 minutes. Slide parchment off of the hot baking sheet and let pecans cool on the countertop. When pecans are cool enough to handle, coarsely chop them and set aside. Place parchment back on baking sheet.
3. In a small bowl, whisk together heavy cream, egg and vanilla. Set aside.
4. In a large bowl, mix together flour, salt, baking powder and brown sugar. Add pieces of butter. Using your fingertips, rub butter into the dry ingredients until mixture resembles coarse crumbs with pea-sized clumps of butter within. Stir in butterscotch chips and pecans. Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients, then add cream mixture. Use a rubber spatula to mix until dough comes together. Dust a clean, dry surface with flour. Place sticky dough on top and dust the top of the dough with a little flour. Knead gently a few times until dough comes together into a ball.
5. Press dough into a circle about 1" high, then cut into 8 wedges. Arrange wedges on the prepared baking sheet, spacing evenly apart, and then sprinkle each one with about 1/2 teaspoon of Demerara sugar. Bake for 14 to 16 minutes until lightly golden and firm to the touch. Let the scones cool on the baking sheet for a few minutes then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (1653g)|
|Recipe Makes: 1 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 1369 (24%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 152.2g||203 %|
|Saturated Fat 61.8g||309 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 55.4g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 23.3g|
|Cholesterol 468.8mg||144 %|
|Sodium 1373.7mg||47 %|
|Potassium 1870.5mg||49 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 949g||279 %|
|Dietary Fiber 23.3g||93 %|
|Sugars, other 925.7g|
|Protein 101.6g||145 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 5613
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!