This is a meal I threw together one night when one of my lady friends came over and being a few days before payday I didn't have money to take her out to eat so I whipped this up with things I had in the house. Now she wants to come over here for dinner all the time so I figured it was good enough to post here!
1. Cut cabbage into quarters and place into a decent sized pot.
2. Add beer, butter, season salt, & mushrooms to cabbage. Cook on medium heat.
3. While cabbage is cooking, slice sausage into about 1/8” thick slices.
4. Add sausage, onions, garlic, Worcester sauce, & vinegar to a pan. Cook until onions are translucent.
5. After sausage mixture is cooked, add mixture to cabbage and continue to cook.
6. In a pot, boil pierogies for 5-10 minutes, until they float.
7. Drain pierogies then saute in a pan ,with a little bit of oil, until they are a little browned.
8. Add pierogies & tomatoes to cabbage mixture and cook for an additional 5-10 minutes.
- Any type of cabbage can be used but I prefer to use savoy cabbage.
- Store bought pierogies are alright to use, but nothing beats homemade pierogies.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (65g)|
|Recipe Makes: 6 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 138 (90%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 15.3g||20 %|
|Saturated Fat 9.7g||48 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 4g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.6g|
|Cholesterol 40.5mg||12 %|
|Sodium 2412.4mg||83 %|
|Potassium 142.5mg||4 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 4.2g||1 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0.5g||2 %|
|Sugars, other 3.8g|
|Protein 0.8g||1 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 154
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.