1. Steam rice for about 30 min. or cook instant rice according to directions. Instant rice will speed up the overall cooking time.
2. Cook ground beef, mushrooms, onion and garlic.
3. Meanwhile, blanch cabbage leaves by putting in wide frying pan and adding water to just cover. Simmer the leaves until tender.
4. Drain extra fat from meat. Add Worcestershire sauce and salt & pepper to taste.
5. Add can of tomato sauce. mix and simmer a few minutes more if not adding breadcrumb topping.
6. In a 9" x 12" or 2.5 L casserole dish, layer cabbage leaves alternating with ground beef mixture.
7. If not adding breadcrumb topping then just serve with sour cream on the side.
8. If adding breadcrumb mixture then mix breadcrumbs with melted margarine.
9. Sprinkle over top of casserole and bake at 350F degrees for 10 - 20 min. depending on how much you need to reheat it.
9. Serve with sour cream on the side.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (1090g)|
|Recipe Makes: 6 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 189 (34%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 21g||28 %|
|Saturated Fat 7.5g||37 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 8.4g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 2g|
|Cholesterol 56.9mg||18 %|
|Sodium 4724.7mg||163 %|
|Potassium 3292.9mg||87 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 70.5g||21 %|
|Dietary Fiber 15.5g||62 %|
|Sugars, other 55g|
|Protein 29.3g||42 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 551
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!