- heat 1/4 cup olive oil in a medium skillet; add one crushed elephant garlic
- increase heat and add bread; turn frequently so they brown evenly on both sides and are crisp & golden. Add more oil if necessary to keep from burning.
- drain on a paper towel
- cut into small cubes [cruton size]
- Combine one minced elephant garlic, juice from one lemon, anchovy paste, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Whisk until blended.
Immerse egg in a small pan of boiling water and cook for exactly one minute; remove and crack into salad bowl; whisk eggwith other ingredients until combines; add1/2 cup oil in a steady stream & whisk until the dressing is smooth.
- Prior to preparing the crutons and dressing rinse the romaine leaves in cold water; pat dry and wrap them in a cloth towel. Place the wrapped lettuce in the refrigerator to chill.
- Add lettuce, parmesan and crutons to the salad bowl [where dressing was mixed]; toss to mix all ingredients.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (297g)|
|Recipe Makes: 8|
|Calories from Fat: 80 (38%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 8.9g||12 %|
|Saturated Fat 2.3g||11 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 4.7g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 1.4g|
|Cholesterol 33.6mg||10 %|
|Sodium 379.2mg||13 %|
|Potassium 668.6mg||18 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 25.7g||8 %|
|Dietary Fiber 6.3g||25 %|
|Sugars, other 19.4g|
|Protein 10.2g||15 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 210
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.