1. Make the dressing by mixing together the yoghurt, olive oil, Worcestershire sauce and fresh lemon juice.
2. Finely chop one of the garlic cloves and the anchovies with a sharp knife and add to the dressing. Mix together to combine.
3. Dip a bit of lettuce into the dressing to check the flavour and add salt to taste.
4. Toast the bread and while it is hot, rub all over on both sides with the cut side of the halved garlic clove. Cut into small cubes to make croutons.
5. In a large bowl, combine ripped lettuce leaves, hard boiled eggs and tomatoes. Add dressing and mix to combine. You might not need all the dressing.
6. Just before serving add the grated parmesan and sourdough croutons and gently mix again. Add a few grinds of black pepper on top and serve.
You can add other salad vegetables or chickpeas or grilled chicken to make a more substantial meal.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (374g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 137 (42%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 15.2g||20 %|
|Saturated Fat 3.6g||18 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 7.6g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 2.4g|
|Cholesterol 236.5mg||73 %|
|Sodium 440.7mg||15 %|
|Potassium 862.9mg||23 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 26.2g||8 %|
|Dietary Fiber 4.6g||18 %|
|Sugars, other 21.6g|
|Protein 20.5g||29 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 323
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!