1. Rinse the lettuce and dry. Refrigerate wrapped in paper towels for several hours to crisp the leaves.
2. Whisk the raw egg, garlic, lemon juice, and oil together and pour into the bottom of a large salad-bowl.
3. Add the lettuce, anchovies, and hard-cooked eggs and toss thoroughly with the dressing.
4. Add the cheese and toss again.
5. Sprinkle with the croutons and serve immediately. Pass the peppermill.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (379g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4|
|Calories from Fat: 247 (48%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 27.5g||37 %|
|Saturated Fat 8.1g||41 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 12.6g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 3.6g|
|Cholesterol 595.4mg||183 %|
|Sodium 694.7mg||24 %|
|Potassium 683.7mg||18 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 39.6g||12 %|
|Dietary Fiber 5.5g||22 %|
|Sugars, other 34g|
|Protein 30.1g||43 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 520
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.