1. Combine avocado, onion, salt and pepper in small bowl. Mash with fork until well mixed, then set aside.
2. Melt 1 teaspoon butter in 10-inch skillet over medium-high heat until sizzling.
3. Break 2 eggs into pan; breaking the yolks with a spatula.
4. Cook until set on bottom (2 to 3 minutes).
5. Turn eggs over and continue cooking until eggs are cooked through (2 minutes).
6. Remove eggs from pan; cover to keep warm.
7. Repeat with 1 teaspoon butter and remaining 2 eggs.
8. To assemble each sandwich, spread 1 tablespoon avocado mixture onto 1 side of each bread slice. Top 1 slice of bread, spread-side up, with 1 fried egg, 2 slices tomato and 1 slice of cheese. Place 1 slice of bread, spread-side down, over cheese. Butter outside slices of bread with about 1 teaspoon of butter each.
9. Place 2 sandwiches in same skillet and cook over medium heat, turning once, until golden brown on both sides (2 to 3 minutes).
10. Repeat with remaining 2 sandwiches.
Use hearty Italian bread slices for this colorful grilled sandwich.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (89g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 85 (34%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 9.4g||13 %|
|Saturated Fat 5.3g||26 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 2.5g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 1g|
|Cholesterol 19.3mg||6 %|
|Sodium 572.5mg||20 %|
|Potassium 108mg||3 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 29.1g||9 %|
|Dietary Fiber 1.6g||6 %|
|Sugars, other 27.5g|
|Protein 12.1g||17 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 252
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.