Prep time 5 minutes, cook time 20 minutes total.
Follow the some recipe as for the Bechamel sauce, except the flour and butter mix is cooked for for 5 minutes rather than 2 minutes, and stock is used instead of milk.
1. Fit the flexi-beater.
2. Put tthe kenwood at 120?C and strirring 3 for 1 minute, empty.
3. Add the butter, set to stirring 1 / 120?C and wait for it to all melt.
4. Add the flour and cook for 5 minutes (2 minutes would be a Bechamel).
5. Add the milk and cream slowly, letting it kind of stay at boiling point until it's all in.
6. Bring back to the boil (i.e. wait)
7. Reduce to 60-70?C, add anchovies and capers, and simmer for 15 minutes.
4 Servings is actually 1/2 Litre
A variation on the standard Velout?.
This velvet-like sauce is wonderfully versatile, and can be flavoured differently just by using chicken, fish or shellfish stock.
It's basically the same recipe as for the Bechamel sauce, except cook the flour and butter mix for 5 minutes rather than 2 minutes, and use stock instead of milk, and flavoured with Capers.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (48g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 110 (65%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 12.2g||16 %|
|Saturated Fat 7.7g||39 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 3.2g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.5g|
|Cholesterol 32.2mg||10 %|
|Sodium 331.5mg||11 %|
|Potassium 6.1mg||0 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 15.5g||5 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0.2g||1 %|
|Sugars, other 15.2g|
|Protein 0.3g||0 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 168
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!